Location: Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA
Hiring Manager: Manager, Account Management
West Academic, formerly part of Thomson Reuters, is now its own company! Finding ourselves “newly nimble” we are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aids and other legal education materials in the US. We are a growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials.
Why not join a company who offers the excitement and freedom of a startup paired with the security and market recognition of a 100 year old company! That’s us, the 100-year-old startup who’s going places.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Account Manager.
The Account Manager is responsible for securing new law school faculty adoptions of West Academic products/services and retain existing adoptions. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the consultative sales approach and is expected to develop a deep knowledge of West Academic products and the legal education field. The position can be based in either the Los Angeles metro area or the Bay area. Candidates must be capable of extensive travel within the assigned territory.
- Increasing revenue and facilitating adoption of West Academic products in the law school market within assigned territory.
- Regional travel includes visits to law school faculty and undergraduate faculty to promote West Academic products, administrative personnel to update school information, and bookstores to promote study aids and other selected products. Maintain relationships with these professors and other contacts throughout the year.
- Represent West Academic at conventions, conferences, and sales meetings.
- Gather information and report to West Academic office staff on competing imprints, potential authors, curriculum changes, trends in legal education and changes in the law school market.
- In-office account management time involves answering calls, faxes, letters, and e-mails; maintaining product knowledge; gathering and managing adoption data; and other special projects to maximize adoption opportunities within territory.
- Responsible for maintaining database of customers in territory to generate adoption.
- Achieve assigned sales goal while working within expense budget
Required Skills and Experience
- J.D. (law degree) required
- Direct sales experience and knowledge of academic adoption concepts and methods and other academic publishing sales experience preferred but not essential
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Valid driver's license
- Working knowledge of law school curriculum
- Ability to be a self-starter with a high level of motivation
- Effective time management skills
- Efficient database management skills
- Proficient in MS Office, NetSuite or other CMS tool(s), and general internet applications
- Ability to interpret market needs and communicate effectively to other sectors of business
- Ability to operate effectively in both an office and law school environment
- Frequent overnight travel required
Email your cover letter and resume