Location: Greater New York City or Philadelphia metropolitan area
Hiring Manager: Director, Sales & Account Management
West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aids and other legal education materials in the US in both print and digital media formats. West Academic provides its products under the West Academic Publishing, Foundation Press and Gilbert imprints and the AdaptiBar brand. We are a growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials. We are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager for the greater New York City/Philadelphia metropolitan region. The Account Manager is a field-based position and is responsible for: securing new law school faculty adoptions of West Academic products, retaining existing adoptions, providing support and increasing usage of subscription-based and other institutional West Academic products at subscribing schools, and promoting subscription-based and other institutional products to non-subscribing schools. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the consultative sales approach and is expected to develop a deep knowledge of print and digital West Academic products and the legal education market. Candidates may reside within 45 miles of either metropolitan area.
Required Skills and Experience
- J.D. (law degree) required.
- Experience or demonstrated aptitude for promoting and supporting digital subscription-based products.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Working knowledge of law school curriculum.
- Ability to be a self-starter with a high level of motivation.
- Effective time management skills.
- Efficient database management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other software or internet applications.
- Ability to interpret market needs and communicate effectively to other sectors of business.
- Ability to operate effectively in both a remote office and law school environment.
- Frequent overnight travel required.
- Direct sales experience, knowledge of academic adoption concepts and methods, and other academic publishing sales experience preferred but not essential.
Email your cover letter and resume