Location: St. Paul, MN or remote
Hiring Manager: CTO
West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aids and other legal education materials in the US in both print and digital media formats. West Academic provides its products under the West Academic Publishing, Foundation Press and Gilbert imprints and the AdaptiBar brand. We are a growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials. We are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
We currently have an opening for a Sr. SW Engineer. This role will work with a team lead, software development team, product development team, and publishing specialists to develop various web and desktop applications within the West Academic business. You will also be using Agile practices and maintaining a high code quality practices as part of the development team.
- Implement OO and MVC based designs applying working knowledge of design patterns in presentation, data and business modules
- Collaborate with other software engineers and leads on design decisions and direction for application requirements
- Investigate and resolve issues in development, test and production environments
- Facilitate and fulfill tasks as a member of an agile team, using agile practices
- Discover new technologies and techniques, adapt to dynamic business requirements and develop proof of concepts as needed
- Provide input on scripts and automation tools which build, integrate, and deploy software releases to multiple servers and platforms
- Mentor new members of the team
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related software technology field.
- 5 years development related experience primarily with Microsoft Technologies.
- Development with MarkLogic or an equivalent XM:/XQuery/NoSQL based database preferred.
- Microsoft .NET technologies (ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, C#, EntityFramework)
- Experience with front-end web design (HTML5, XHTML, XML, CSS)
- Web Services, REST, SOAP, JSON, WCF
- Azure DevOps
- Third Party Unit test tools, including MSTest, NUnit, JSUnit
- MS Office Integration, MS Build Script
- C++, COM, VSTO
- SQL (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Mobile application development in iOS (Swift, Objective-C) and/or Android (Kotlin, Java) platforms preferred.
- Adobe Flash Development suing ActionScript preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Email your cover letter and resume