Location: St. Paul, MN
Hiring Manager: VP Publisher
West Academic, formerly part of Thomson Reuters, is now its own company! Finding ourselves “newly nimble” we are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aids and other legal education materials in the US. We are a growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials.
Why not join a company who offers the excitement and freedom of a startup paired with the security and market recognition of a 100 year old company! That’s us, the 100-year-old startup who’s going places.
We have an immediate opening for a Marketing Manager. The West Academic Marketing Manager will lead a high-performing marketing team in the execution of strategic marketing plans designed to grow revenue in the law school, higher education and commercial channels. While this is a largely execution-focused role, the Marketing Manager will also collaborate with and support senior leadership in the development of branding and marketing strategy for the full West Academic business.
- Manage marketing team (including a blend of internal and external resources) with strategic marketing, creative and analytical areas of focus.Lead team in day-to-day direction as well as goals, performance reviews, development and recruitment of staff.
- Support senior leadership in development of branding strategy and initiatives.
- Develop multi-channel strategic marketing plans aimed at law school (faculty, student and bookstore), higher education and commercial channels, with support from editorial as appropriate.
- Collaborate with technology team to ensure product and web design (including SEO) is optimized to drive revenue and customer engagement.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop strategic, data-driven sales and marketing plan that fully leverages customer data collected by the business. Execute plan to ensure customers in all channels receive highly relevant information that converts marketing activity to sales.
- Measure impact of marketing programs and make adjustments to marketing plan to maximize results.
- As directed by senior leadership team, provide reporting to team and stakeholders that provides insight on customer behavior and market trends across all customer segments and channels.
- Oversee coordination of trade show presence for 10-15 trade shows/year.
- Work with editorial team to educate customers and internals staff on features and attributes of products.
- Oversee marketing budget.
Required Skills and Experience
- BA required; JD or MBA a plus
- 5-7 years strategic marketing experience required, ideally in publishing or higher education.
- Knowledge of and experience with marketing execution systems and tools.
- Strong collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be able to perform well both independently and in a team setting.
- Some travel required.
- Familiarity with and interest in legal education preferred.
Email your cover letter and resume