Location: St. Paul, MN
Hiring Manager: CFO
West Academic, formerly part of Thomson Reuters, is now its own company! Finding ourselves “newly nimble” we are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aids and other legal education materials in the US. We are a growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials.
Why not join a company who offers the excitement and freedom of a startup paired with the security and market recognition of a 100 year old company! That’s us, the 100-year-old startup who’s going places.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Financial Analyst. In this role you will be responsible for providing analytical support to management teams across various departments. Key to the success of this position will be the ability to perform financial analysis which will make sense of data and provide key insights and recommendations. The Senior Financial Analyst will also need to be able to collaborate with business partners to understand their business and provide analytical decision support.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly financial reporting for sales, revenue, expense, and other KPIs
- Assist in annual budgeting and monthly financial forecasting along with variance analysis
- Proactively develop analysis that provides additional insight and support to management and department heads.
- Effectively communicate and present results of analysis with recommended courses of action.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the workflow and business processes.
- Assist in developing, documenting and updating policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in finance/accounting
- Experience with ERP software (NetSuite preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills in addition to experience with Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to be an effective problem solver with strong investigative and analytical skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage time, prioritize workload, and handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with employees of all levels within the organization
- Independently driven with the ability to work as part of a team
- Must take initiative, be self-motivated, be dependable with a positive, energetic approach
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and adapt in a in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Desire to grow and expand abilities
Email your cover letter and resume