Technology Product Manager
Location: St. Paul, MN
Hiring Manager: CTO
West Academic, formerly part of Thomson Reuters, is now its own company! Finding ourselves “newly nimble” we are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aids and other legal education materials in the US. We are a growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials.
Why not join a company who offers the excitement and freedom of a startup paired with the security and market recognition of a 100 year old company! That’s us, the 100-year-old startup who’s going places.
We have an opening for a Product Manager to join our Technology Team. The Product Manager’s responsibilities, with direction from Senior Product Management, include managing the research and development activities relating to the design and development of software products. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing and managing product roadmaps and leading the implementation of software products. This role will ensure that all products features are prioritized, planned, tracked and delivered successfully.
- Work with Sr. Product Management to manage assigned product(s) lifecycle including strategic direction, ongoing optimization and any necessary sunsetting of obsolete capabilities.
- Leverage data, customer and stakeholder insights, and analytics to drive decisions in support of the product(s) roadmap.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of product specific projects, including scope, timeline, & quality to achieve project milestones and goals. Support Sr. Product Management in identifying and managing project risks, issues and changes.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure fulfillment of product(s) requirements, evaluates product performance and transition products from development to production. Organize requirements gathering sessions to analyze, define, and document business processes, software requirements, data management systems and interface specifications.
- Manage releases and ensure feature enhancements respond to customer requests. Responsible for product delivery, managing schedules and tasks related to all aspects of product development. Work closely with Senior Product Management in determining product delivery and deployment dates for new product releases, feature and maintenance releases.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, internal and external development, testing partners, and external customers to help Sr. Product Management ensure implementation of solutions meet the product(s) and/or project’s objective(s).
- Ability to answer questions about the technology capabilities of owned digital products. Serve as backline support to the Customer Service group; aid in resolving questions and problems with web site properties and owned digital products.
- Develop and present training about West Academic’s digital products to internal groups such as Editorial, Production, Customer Support, and Marketing. Assist Sr. Product Management in preparing reports that identify success and issues and report analytics data.
- Ensure owned product(s) applied fixes and enhancements are managed and prioritized through use of internal management systems
- Responsible for the documentation of product requirements and specifications, statements of work, project plans, or other forms of documentation
Required Skills and Experience
- Four-year college degree required
- PMP Certification preferred
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years of product management experience, and experience with agile development methodologies is preferred
- Established background in an Agile environment of 1- 3 years with a proven understanding of the development life cycle, including but not limited to requirements definition, user experience, development practices, testing, and deployment
- Ability to think strategically and collaboratively to overcome obstacles to achieve project results
- Working knowledge of software development relating to concepts, methodologies, principles, standards, and best practices
- Ability to analyze and prioritize requirements; proven ability to work closely with development in reviewing and analyzing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work well in cross-functional and cross-organizational teams, including software engineers, marketing, account management, sales operations, and finance
- Ability to effectively handle and set priorities for multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment
- Proven organizational skills, with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to turn feedback into recommendations and product requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Technical aptitude; ability to understand and communicate technical issues
- Ability to develop presentations, present and communicate complex information to a broad audience of professionals, and field representatives
- Demonstrated competency tracking issues in online systems and keeping data updated as required
Email your cover letter and resume