Location: St. Paul, MN
Hiring Manager: CTO
West Academic, formerly part of Thomson Reuters, is now its own company! Finding ourselves “newly nimble” we are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aids and other legal education materials in the US. We are a growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials.
Why not join a company who offers the excitement and freedom of a startup paired with the security and market recognition of a 100 year old company! That’s us, the 100-year-old startup who’s going places.
We have a current opening for a SW Test Engineer Intern to work with our Technology team on software testing of our products.
- UI testing, black box, white box, functional, performance and automated regression testing
- Design & facilitate test cases based on business requirements and functional specifications
- Testing of web applications, reporting & other software as needed
- Understand data relationships
- Report and track application defects during the testing cycle
- Contribute to QA process improvement
- Work closely with project management, developers & operations to assure quality software is produced
- Create and document test cases
Required Skills and Experience
- Working toward a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related software technology field
- Understand database & SQL concepts (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge of QA methodologies
- Experience developing and executing test cases
- UI testing experience for web applications with focus on backend / functional testing
- Very strong communication skills to audiences of all technical abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Create and use SQL queries to verify and validate results of application's performance and functionality
- MS Team Foundation Server
- Automated test tools, including: Selenium WebDriver, MS Test, MS Coded UI
Email your cover letter and resume