Location: St. Paul, MN
Hiring Manager: Hiring Manager Job Title
Rooted in 100 years of history, West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aids and other legal education materials in the US in both print and digital media formats. We are a growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials. We are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
We have an immediate opening for a Publishing Specialist. This role will be on the Production team responsible for formatting content for law school textbooks and study aids for distribution in print and electronic formats.
- Work with team, authors, and editorial staff to process raw manuscripts to production output (both print and digital);
- Independently prioritize workload to meet scheduled dates;
- Work collectively with teammates to meet scheduled dates;
- Manage project work; taking general direction, organizing information, formulating necessary action steps and follow-through to completion.
- Understand and utilize proper checklists and process documentation to create quality manuscripts in a consistent and timely manner.
- Contribute valuable ideas and suggestions for process/workflow improvements;
- Adapt existing procedures to overcome roadblocks.
Individual and Team Skills
- Demonstrate ability to work across teams to provide production assistance or expertise needed to meet team and department goals;
- Initiate needed action without waiting for directions.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Strong or expert-level Word experience a must;
- Deadline driven. Ability to prioritize and stay focused while dealing with multiple assignments and tasks;
- Demonstrated process, product, and systems knowledge, teamwork and technical skills. Has increased productivity with experience, and participates in team or content center projects and initiatives;
- Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills, including composition/grammar, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation skills with the ability to communicate effectively;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong learning agility. Able to learn quickly and apply knowledge to increasingly complex and changing work;
- Technical aptitude for computer applications and systems such as word processing and file management applications;
- Ability to work with team members, contacts from other teams, departments, virtual and off-site teams/vendors or sourcing partners effectively
- Experience in content composition and production, or related experience a huge plus;
- Experience or familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro) a plus;
- U.S. legal system familiarity (cases and statutes) a plus
Email your cover letter and resume