Temporary Content Project Editor
Location: Remote/Work from Home
Hiring Manager: Sr Content Attorney
Rooted in 100 years of history, West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aids and other legal education materials in the US in both print and digital media formats. We are a growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials. We are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
AdaptiBar, now a part of West Academic, is an online, supplemental MBE simulator program. Using patented, adaptive technology, along with licensed MBE questions and diagnostic tools, AdaptiBar provides users the best possible preparation for the MBE portion of the bar exam. In addition to licensing real MBE questions from the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE), AdaptiBar provides explanations for every question to help users learn how to apply the law effectively on the bar exam.
We have an immediate opening for a temporary part-time Content Project Editor on the AdaptiBar Content Team working approximately 10-15 hours/week. In this role, you will be a part of a team creating animated graphics videos on black letter law concepts, specifically Real Property. This position would be responsible for creating rough drafts of the black letter law scripts for the animated graphics videos for students studying for the bar exam. Key to success in this position is attention to detail and the ability to break down black letter law concepts into plain language. This role will be through the academic school year and possibly including summer with the potential for increased hours.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2L/3L at an ABA-Accredited Law School or recent graduate with J.D.
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in “plain language” writing
- Excellent understanding of basic black letter law, including Real Property (must provide writing sample)
- Must communicate clearly and consistently with a team in virtual setting
- Ongoing attention to detail with accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines in timely manner
- Time-management skills with intuitive task prioritization
- Proficient with MS Office applications
Email your cover letter and resume