Location: St. Paul, MN or Remote
Hiring Manager: Director, Account Management
Rooted in 100 years of history, West Academic is the leading provider of casebooks, study aids and other legal education materials in the US in both print and digital media formats. We are a growth oriented organization, dedicated to providing our customers with the best available legal education materials. We are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
We currently have an opening for a Field Account Management Lead. The position will play a key role in providing day to day coaching and guidance to a field-based Account Management team. The position supports field activity, travels with account managers periodically to conduct school visits, and provides day-to-day problem solving as issues and questions arise.
The position is also responsible for working across teams internally to facilitate the flow of information between Editorial, Marketing, and Account Management. This involves attending production and other stakeholder meetings to provide Account Management perspective and distilling relevant information for Account Management use. They will also assist with the planning and execution of the annual sales meeting each summer.
The Field Account Management Lead will play an integral role in working with Law School Administrators to position West Academic Institutional Products like Casebook Collection and Assessment. The position will work with Sales Consultants to follow-up on leads for each product, demonstrate the products to school stakeholders, and model quotes for Casebook Collection at interested institutions.
- Nationwide travel includes visits to law school faculty with Account Managers as assigned to promote West Academic products and provide ongoing training and coaching for Account Management team.
- Conduct onboarding of new Account Manager and ongoing training of Account Management team.
- Represent West Academic at conventions, conferences, and sales meetings.
- Gather information and report to Account Management leadership on competing imprints, competitive authors, new editions or texts to be offered, and other any relevant information to help guide market strategies.
- Help to guide market strategy and intelligence by maintaining awareness of market conditions, competitive landscape, products/services, and industry trends surrounding products in our various markets.
- Assist in day-to-day problem solving for Account Managers and provide coaching and guidance for Law School Account Management team.
- Stay up-to-date with West Academic products and services and identify opportunities to offer and sell new products and services.
- Meet/conference regularly with Director of Sales and Account Management.
- Plan bi-annual Sales Meetings.
- Attend production and other stakeholder meetings to provide account Management perspective.
- Distilling relevant information and cascade to Account Management team.
- Promote and demonstrate institutional subscription-based products to law school stakeholders.
- Create Casebook Collection price quotes and partner with Sales Consultants to secure agreements.
Required Skills and Experience
- J.D. (law degree)
- Direct sales experience (min 3 years) and knowledge of academic adoption concepts and methods and other academic publishing sales
- Strong working knowledge of NetSuite and other West Academic Electronic tools.
- Strong knowledge of West Academic subscription-based products.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Strong presentation skills
- Valid driver's license
- Working knowledge of law school curriculum
- Ability to be a self-starter with a high level of motivation
- Effective time management skills
- Efficient database management skills
- Proficient in MS Office and internet applications
- High level of proficiency with NetSuite and strong understanding of relational database operation.
- Ability to interpret market needs and communicate effectively to other sectors of business (i.e. editorial and marketing)
- Approximately travel 25%
Working from a virtual office when not traveling. Occasional work from West Academic office may be needed. Expected travel is 25% during academic school year.
Email your cover letter and resume