Location: St. Paul, MN
Hiring Manager: Director, Sales & Account Management
West Academic is the leading publisher of casebooks, study aids, and other legal education materials in the U.S. West Academic provides its products under the West Academic Publishing, Foundation Press and Gilbert imprints and the AdaptiBar brand. We are a growth-oriented organization dedicated to providing our current and prospective customers with the best available legal education materials. We are looking for people to help us transform the legal education industry by bringing new technology and products to market.
The position of Technical Sales Support Specialist will play a key role in setting up and supporting our digital institutional subscribers and individual adopters of digital materials. The position will work closely with Sales and Account Management and West Academic Product Managers in securing new sales and renewals and to drive increased product usage and engagement. The position will also work directly with customers or appear in front of customers with Sales Consultants, Account Managers, and Sales Leadership.
The position will be responsible for responding to and troubleshooting day-to-day issues with digital offerings, managing the escalation process with internal stakeholders, and communicating updates to Account Managers, Sales Consultants, and customers. The Technical Sales Support specialist will also facilitate setting up new customer subscriptions to ensure access to platforms and materials and lead in working with existing customers on product integration with institutional systems including but not limited to LMS platforms. The successful candidate will also partner with product development to integrate customer feedback and market knowledge into product design. They will collaborate with the Field Account Management Lead and Product Managers in creating up to date training materials directed at internal stakeholders as well as customers.
The Technical Sales Support specialist may also be asked to partner with IT support services and the CTO to assist resolving office-based hardware issues as needed.
- Provide indirect customer support via Account Management and Sales Consultants for West Academic digital products, including but not limited to West Academic Assessment, West Academic Casebook Collection, West Academic Study Aids Collection, CasebookPlus, and AdaptiBar
- Participate in internal stakeholder meetings focused on evolution of West Academic digital platforms
- Assist in set up of new institutional subscriptions ensuring proper access to included materials
- Provide faculty support via Account Management of CasebookPlus course customizations
- Provide escalated support for faculty and administrator accounts in West Academic Authentication tool.
- Act as internal resource and platform expert on West Academic digital platforms
- Stay up-to-date with West Academic digital products and services by working closely with product management team
- Meet/conference regularly with Director of Sales and Account Management and Field Account Management Lead
- Assist in planning digital products portion of bi-annual Sales Meetings.
- Participate in customer facing sales/renewal meetings and external product trainings
- Work with institutional customers directly to facilitate integration with institutional systems including but not limited to LMS platforms
- Create up to date training materials directed at internal stakeholders as well as customers
- Partner with IT support services and CTO to assist resolving office-based hardware issues as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Direct experience (min 2-3 years) in technical support roles working with Account Management, Sales, and/or customers directly
- Working knowledge of CRM tools (NetSuite preferred) and other web-based tools
- Experience providing training and support for web-based and other digital tools
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Strong presentation skills
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation
- Effective time management skills
- Efficient database management skills
- Proficient in MS Office and internet applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with other functions of the business (i.e. editorial operations, marketing, development, and operations)
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to think and work collaboratively to overcome obstacles to achieve project results
- Ability to analyze and prioritize requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work well in cross-functional and cross-organizational teams, including software engineers, product managers, and account management
- Ability to effectively handle and set priorities for multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment
- Proven organizational skills, with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Technical aptitude: ability to understand and communicate technical issues
- Ability to develop presentations, present and communicate complex information to a broad audience of external and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated competency tracking issues in online systems and keeping data updated as required
- Working knowledge LMS systems, including D2L, Canvas, and/or Blackboard.
- Experience working with or supporting higher education students, librarians or faculty.
Email your cover letter and resume