To demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have prepared this statement disclosing our privacy practices. Here, you will learn what personal identifying information of yours is collected, how and when we might use your information, how we protect your information, who has access to your information, and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
West Academic collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from the user, from our Web server logs and with cookies.
Personal information users give us: On some of our websites, visitors can register to purchase products or services, receive personalized content and participate in surveys or contests. When you register, we will ask you for some personal information.
If you're purchasing a product, we'll request financial information (e.g., What is your credit card number?). Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for the products and services you purchased. If you purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider.
For other types of registrations, we will ask for your name, address, email address or telephone number. We may then contact you with information about other products and services.
Finally, you may be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you. For example, we may collect personal information from you (such as an email address, system information and problem descriptions) in order to provide online technical support and troubleshooting.
Web server logs: When you visit our websites, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- your internet protocol address
- what kind of browser or computer you use
- the number of links you click within the site
- the state or country from which you accessed the site
- the date and time of your visit
- the name of your Internet service provider
- the webpage you linked to our site from
- the pages you viewed on the site
If you don't want to receive promotional materials from West Academic, you can contact us to opt out at any time.
If you have questions about opting out, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Information
West Academic uses technical security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control.
For example, when we ask customers to provide financial information (such as a credit card number) that data is protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
Who Has Access to the Information?
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other customer data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- To agents and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us (for example, we may use third parties to help us with promotional campaigns).
- As required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another company or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
If our information practices change in a significant way, we will post and highlight the policy changes.
Please send an email message to email@example.com.
444 Cedar Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
Effective April 2014